Sunday, June 26, 2011

Second Batch

Short post tonight because there's not too much to talk about. Finally got in contact with Tito and Alex and Malus and Arthur. Arthur and I went to get him at Tito some prepaid phones, while Alex already has an international one. Forget what Malus has planned. Then we all had lunch and swung by our place to chat and catch up. Both AlexMalus and TitoArthur have expressed interest in the apartment, so I think we won't have trouble filling it up.


On the way back to Don Santiago we ran across some more protesters. When they saw I had a camera they stopped and posed for me.


"Education of your child is a right, not a debt of millions of pesos."

Later we romped around and made snarky jokes about each other. Tomorrow's a vacation day, so the entire city is going to shut down. We were looking for something to do outside of it but found that those, too, are gonna be shut down. Looks like it's either going to be a "go out and explore" day or "sit inside and trawl Youtube" day. I'm hoping for the former.

Jonathan Katz provided the translation. He requests that people contact him if it's inaccurate. 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photography. The third image, "your child's education is a right, not a debt of millions of pesos," has maybe one of the best political images I've ever seen. Simple, yet powerful.

    I'd suggest doing some more walking adventures. Places take on a different character during holidays. One of my favorite memories of New York City is a trip I took downtown on Christmas morning, when the city was quite literally abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation! I put it in as a caption. Let me know if you want credit in the OP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MORE POSTS! You are a great writer, Hillel.

    ReplyDelete